Operation Manager , E-commerce
The Senior Manager of ECommerce Fulfillment is a hybrid of traditional jobs in strategy/strategic planning and business operations, requiring a mix of analysis, strategy development, cross-functional leadership and project management.
The Senior Manager is the primary partner to the online team in the development and execution of inventory position, customer fulfillment offers and forward-looking online strategies in response to business priorities. S/he monitors network capacity based on the brand’s commercial plan and performance. S/he is a key partner for planning demand and helping operational teams to overcome risk and prioritize investment. S/he leads the operational hindsight process to drive continuous improvement efforts between the online team and logistics network as well as sales team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the fulfillment authority to Online/Finance/Company Planning teams, in conjunction with Operations team, translating customer demand strategies into a recommended customer delivery model to support inventory availability and DC operations.
- Maintain ongoing understanding of network capacity, Brand “share of capacity”. Partner with IM and Online Company Planning to set targets to maximize network utilization.
-Drive appropriate actions to manage/optimize network performance ,responsible to provide accurate forecasts based on priorities and emerging business needs. Negotiates “out of guardrails” demand prioritization and non-standard delivery needs
- Manages cost driving components of Service Level agreement to ensure business needs are balanced with company’s financial targets ,set goals and metrics to ensure fiscal targets are met.
- Lead training & communication efforts to support Distribution best-practices and DC initiatives
- Effectively negotiate and influence cross-functional teams to support business needs, including Logistics Operations, sales, Company Planning, Marketing.
- Manage senior-level communication to divisional leadership to communicate network performance and summarize impact of initiatives to the business ,partner with Logistics Operations leaders to gain alignment on business requirement.
- Proactively foster brand and business partner relationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on analysis and process recommendations.
- Collaborate with business partners to implement process & system change when issues are identified
- 8-10 years of experience in strategy or management consulting with focus on eCommerce fulfillment & operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Learning Agility
- Change Leadership
- Collaboration & Influence
- Drives Results
- Analytical & Critical thinking
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Problem solver
- Bachelor’s degree required , MBA is a plus.